BenchMaster Frequently Asked Questions
Buying a workbench or trolley takes some thinking about. There are a number of different workbenches in the market from flat pack to fully welded ones can be challenging.You may have questions before purchasing a fully welded workbench or trolley. To help answer some of these questions, BenchMaster have put together the top 12 frequently asked questions in 2016.
Do BenchMaster’s workbenches or trolleys come fully assembled?
All BenchMaster products come fully assembled and ready to use. These means you can start work straight away.
What height are BenchMaster’s workbenches and trolleys?
The standard height for BenchMaster’s workbenches is 840mm apart from the wooden workbench range which is 850mm, the tool cabinets, which are 820mm and the packing workbench, which is 900mm. The standard workbenches can be changed at no extra cost. All you need to do is remember to inform us through the comments section in the basket for online orders or telling one of our sales team on the telephone.
What is the standard Colour of BenchMaster’s Workbenches?
BenchMaster offer a number of standard colours. The default colour is blue (RAL5010) however other colours are available for no extra costs. These include Anthracite (RAL7016), Red (RAL3000), Silver, Yellow (ME068E), White (RAL9003), Black, Light Grey (RAL7040) and Green (BS14C39).
What is the Load capacity on each Workbench and Trolley?
Each BenchMaster workbench and trolley has a different load capacity. Please see below…
- The medium duty workbenches can take up to 500kg UDL (uniformly distributed load).
- The heavy duty workbenches up to 1000kg UDL.
- The super heavy duty workbenches can take up to 1500kg UDL.
- Packing workbenches 500kg UDL.
- Mobile workbenches, 1000kg UDL on legs and 360kg UDL on castors.
- Tool trolleys can take up to 360kg UDL.
Is carriage to my delivery address included ?
BenchMaster include carriage in the price to most UK mainland destinations. BenchMaster do request a contribution charge of £30 per item for the Highlands and Islands.
What are the lead times for BenchMaster workbenches and trolleys?
BenchMaster target to deliver within 10 working days on the standard range. The ESD, stainless steel, wood and solid slip black vinyl tops range may take up to 15 working days.
How are the fully welded workbenches constructed?
The medium duty and packing workbenches are constructed from hollow section steel whereas the heavy duty, super heavy duty, mobile workbenches and tool trolleys are constructed from steel angle.
What type of Worktops do BenchMaster offer?
There are a number of worktops available on our workbenches, please see below…
- Medium duty workbench range choose from 20mm laminate, 2mm galvanised steel, 1.5mm stainless steel, 18mm MDF, 20mm ESD (electro static) and 1.5mm solid slip vinyl.
- Heavy duty workbench range choose from 2mm galvanised steel, 1.5mm stainless steel, 1.5mm solid slip vinyl and 45mm solid wood.
- Super heavy duty range choose from 2mm galvanised steel over 45mm solid wood or 1.5 stainless steel over 45mm solid wood.
- Mobile workbench range choose from 2mm galvanised steel, 1.5mm stainless steel or 45mm solid wood.
- Tool trolleys range choose from 2mm galvanised steel or 1.5mm stainless steel.
What size are the cupboards in BenchMaster engineering and medium duty workbenches?
- The engineering workbench cupboards are 600mm x 600mm by the depth of the workbench.
- The medium duty workbench cupboards are 457mm x 457mm x 610mm.
What guarantees and maintenance do BenchMaster offer for the workbenches?
If you come across any fault with the manufacturing of your workbench, BenchMaster will offer a guarantee to resolve the issue.
What payment options does BenchMaster offer?
BenchMaster take most card payments, offer a pro-forma invoice option and if you are looking to order more in the future the option to open a credit account (subject to suitable references)
How high is the light rail from the floor?
The light rail is located 2100mm from the bottom of the workbench to the top of the light rail. This can be varied if advised at time of order.